Sunday, October 25, 2009

Checking In

It's been a while since I have posted still suck around the 40 lbs lost mark, but hey that's 40 lbs I had not lost before this so I will take it. The residency in Chicago for my doctorate program was much more than I expected. I was not expecting to enjoy it and the people there nearly as much as I did. I came home from that experience recharged for heading back to work. Matt and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary with a matinee movie and lunch at a Japanese Steakhouse - we were going for cheap this year! Japanese Steakhouse worked really well with what I can eat protein wise and I had enough from the lunch for dinner too. I headed back to work and still tire easily but that will come back as soon as I am in the groove again. So much going on, but I like being back too. Last weekend, Mom gave us a scare with a weird stomach pain. It turns out it was her Gall Bladder and they were able to take that out so she is feeling much better and recovering from her own abdomen incisions now too. I have an infection in one of my incision sites that is being treated with antibiotics and looking much better now. Too bad it was a free Rx and I couldn't use my Giant Eagle Rx Coupon for free fuel! My first fill is scheduled for Friday and I hope to get some restriction with that fill and be able to use the tool of the band more and move off of this plateau.

No comments: