Friday, September 18, 2009

Home

Well I am home from my surgery. I came home Tuesday around 5pm after staying the night at OSU to ensure there were no blood clot issues. All came back A-OK and Matt and I headed home, where Mom had been shopping and cooking up a storm of meals for her and Matt to enjoy and me to have pureed. Matt stayed with me in the hospital since I scored a private room, so Lucy was glad to have us both home. Forest and Jordan stopped by Tuesday night before the percocet kicked in and dropped off some yummy homemade chicken stock! Matt and Mom have been great nurses (although Matt regulates the meds!) and Lucy has taken on the night shift following me closely when I walk around at night. Matt has to give me a shot daily for the next two weeks as a precaution for blood clots, he is really good at it although I am still a baby with needles. Wednesday, Thursday, and today were filled with lots of naps and a few short walks for me. I am at about 1000 calories a day and 90 proteins, but still very tired. Lauren was able to stop by this afternoon on a percocet break, it was great to see her before her baby shower next week. Hoping to have the energy to watch the OSU vs UT game tomorrow with friends. Mom headed to be with family in Cleveland for Aubree's wedding and Grandpa's burial service. Kate is in Toledo for the weekend and will be coming down Sunday and Monday for a quick visit and maybe a walk around Easton. I am scheduled to be off work until around October 15th and will update with more progress soon.

By the way- my plan to be really tan before surgery from Hawaii has helped me look much healthier after surgery!

No comments: